2 Suspects Arrested In Orland Park Best Buy Burglary, 1 Still At Large

Bernie Tafoya
September 18, 2019 - 12:01 pm
Robert Girolimon (left) and William Debias

Orland Park Police

Categories: 

CHICAGO (WBBM NEWSRADIO) -- Orland Park Police said two suspects were arrested and a third is being looked for in a unique store burglary.

Police Lt. Ken Rosinski said that in the pre-dawn hours of May 20, suspects broke into the Best Buy on 158th and LaGrange Road through a common wall between the Best Buy and Arhaus, an abandoned store next door.

He said the suspects first broke into the abandoned store by using a cutting tool to make a hole in a metal overhead door. Then, Lt. Rosinski said the burglars cut a hole in the wall that connected the two stores and took 11 MacBook Airs worth more than $12,000.

According to Orland Park Police, over the next several months, police used advanced investigation techniques and were able to develop three suspects in the case, Emil Kozeluh and William Debias, who cut the holes in the wall and removed the MacBooks and Robert Girolimon who acted as a lookout during the burglary.

Lt. Rozinski said Orland Park Police located and arrested 35-year-old Robert Girolimon of Oak Lawn and 34-year-old William Debias of Chicago’s Southwest Side last week. They both have been charged with burglary.

Police are still looking for 36-year-old Emil Kozeluh of Palos Hills. Kozeluh is aware that he is wanted and that the Orland Park Police have an active warrant for his arrest for the
burglary. He has not been located. Lt. Rozinski said Kozeluh’s attorney had called police indicating he planned to turn himself in, but he never did.

Emil Kozeluh
Orland Park Police

Lt. Rozinski said there is nothing to indicate the burglary was an “inside job.” He said most people could guess where Best Buy keeps its merchandise.

He said the case took so long to come to the arrest stage because, “we had to do a lot of background investigations, a lot of subpoenas to get certain information. There was security video that was in the area. We’re piecing the different things together.” 

He said some of the subpoenas were used to get information about cellphone signals in the area during the time of the burglary.

On Friday, Girolimon and Debias were transported to the Bridgeview court house where the bond for Girolimon was set at $10,000. He is free on his own recognizance. Debias’ bond was set at $150,000. A warrant was issued for Kozeluh in the amount of $200,000.