News

WBBM Newsradio/Craig Dellimore
September 20, 2018 - 8:41 pm
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle launched her bid to succeed Rahm Emanuel as Chicago mayor Thursday by having to answer questions about the sudden forced resignation of her chief-of-staff, John Keller.
Read More
FBI agents walks at the industrial business park, where several people had been shot, according with police reports in Harford County, Md., in Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018. (AP Photo/Jose Luis Magana)
September 20, 2018 - 8:35 pm
ABERDEEN, Md. (AP) — A woman working a temporary job at a drugstore warehouse in Maryland got into an argument at work Thursday morning and began shooting colleagues, killing three before fatally turning the gun on herself, authorities and witnesses said. Workers at the Rite Aid distribution center...
Read More
Thomas Fleckenstein; Jacob Lapenta; and Davey Shower. (Lake Co. Sheriff)
September 20, 2018 - 7:47 pm
“An alert Sheriff’s Deputy successfully stopped a violent confrontation from taking place, which would have likely resulted in a homicide,” Lake County Sheriff Mark Curran said in a statement Thursday.
Read More
In this Sept. 6, 2018 photo, Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh reacts as he testifies after questioning before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Capitol Hill in Washington. Official Washington is scrambling Monday to assess and manage Kavanaugh’s prospects after his accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, revealed her identity to The Washington Post and described an encounter she believes was attempted rape. Kavanaugh reported to the White House amid the upheaval, but there was no immediate word on why or whether he had been summoned. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
September 20, 2018 - 7:33 pm
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and a woman who accuses him of sexually assaulting her decades ago (all times local): 8:30 p.m. A Senate aide says Christine Blasey Ford's lawyer told the Judiciary Committee she prefers to testify next Thursday and doesn't want...
Read More
FILE - In this July 7, 2015, file photo, Marion Hugh "Suge" Knight sits for a hearing in his murder case in Superior Court in Los Angeles. Knight has pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter and after he ran over two men, killing one, nearly four years ago. The Death Row Records co-founder entered the plea Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court and has agreed to serve 28 years in prison. (Patrick T. Fallon/Pool Photo via AP, File)
September 20, 2018 - 4:18 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight pleaded no contest Thursday to voluntary manslaughter and after he ran over two men, killing one, nearly four years ago. The Death Row Records co-founder entered the plea in Los Angeles Superior Court and has agreed to serve 28 years in...
Read More

Pages