No Injuries After Unattended Stovetop Causes Kitchen Fire In Naperville

Sun-Times Media Wire
November 11, 2019 - 6:56 am
Categories: 

CHICAGO (WBBM NEWSRADIO) -- No injuries were reported after kitchen fire damaged a home Sunday in west suburban Naperville.

Authorities were called at about 7:19 p.m. to the 1700 block of Brookdale Road, the Naperville fire department said. Cooking oil on a stove had caused the fire that spread to the kitchen.

Crews found the fire on the first floor of the two-story home and extinguished it in about 10 minutes, Naperville fire said. Two adults and a dog had evacuated the home before authorities arrived, and no firefighters were injured.

An investigation found the fire was accidental, and the home was determined to be uninhabitable.

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire & Chicago Sun-Times 2019. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)