Fireworks In Recycling Bin Start Naperville Garage Fire: Officials

Sun-Times Media Wire
July 06, 2020 - 2:45 pm
Fire Engine Lights
Categories: 

CHICAGO (WBBM NEWSRADIO) -- A garage caught fire after someone disposed of fireworks in a recycling bin Saturday in west suburban Naperville, officials said.

Firefighters responded at about 10:40 p.m. to reports of a blaze in the garage of a home in the 300 block of Leeds Court, Naperville fire officials said.

A resident of the home had used a fire extinguisher, but smoke was still coming from inside the walls, officials said. The fire spread to areas above the garage, but crews extinguished the blaze within 30 minutes.

No injuries were reported, and the family was able to return to their home, officials said.

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire & Chicago Sun-Times 2020. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
 

Related: