Pooch Wasn't Intentionally Poisoned At Forest Preserve, Police Say

Michele Fiore
December 28, 2018 - 4:20 pm
Categories: 

MORTON GROVE (WBBM NEWSRADIO) -- There will be no arrests after a dog got sick running off-leash in the forest preserves of Morton Grove.

Originally, it looked like the dog had eaten rat-poison-laced treats, discarded along a trail at Linne Woods.

But after a thorough investigation by the Cook County Forest Preserve Police, it's been determined the dog got sick from eating a wild mushroom.

An updated Facebook post from the police department says the dog was examined by a vet, required no medication and is fully recovered.

Police remind dog owners that for the safety of all, four-legged friends must remain on-leash at all Cook County forest preserves.