Reward Grows In Rogers Park Murders

Lisa Fielding
October 28, 2018 - 5:10 pm
Activist Raul Montez talks about the reward for information in the Rogers Park murders on Sunday, Oct. 28, 2018.

WBBM Newsradio/Lisa Fielding

Categories: 

CHICAGO (WBBM NEWSRADIO) -- The reward is growing for information leading to the arrest of the man who killed two Rogers Park men last month.

Activist Raul Montez said the reward is now up to $28,000 for information that leads police to the masked man who killed Eiyahu Moscowitz and Douglas Watts.

The first shooting in the spree came on Sept. 30, when the 73-year-old Watts was shot dead while walking his dog on a Sunday morning. The following day, 24-year-old Moscowitz was killed by a shot fired from the same gun used in Watts' slaying, police said at the time. 

The killings have gripped Rogers Park residents, who have remained on edge since the incidents, neighbors said.

 Daniela Amrotegui walks her dog in Loyola Park. She said she and her neighbors are concerned and vigilant.

"We don't walk alone or at night anymore," she said. "We won't walk into alleys. I think this has brought the community together. We are watching out for each other."

Police have released surveillance images of the suspect, a man dressed in all black, who likely lives in the area.

Montez is also asking for the Guardian Angles to join security patrols on Halloween night.